After getting all three axes to work, I decided making an extruder from ground-up would be an exercise in frustration and likely get me to never finish. So I purchased a Wade's Extruder - and realized I still needed a stepper motor driver for it.
While I have some stepper motor driver boards, they are of version 2.3, which are surface-mount and not something I've ever tried before. I've been scared off a little by that, and by figuring out which exact components to get - the lists from the original description are gone (this is why you don't just link to some random other place, but copy it in). So it's slow going at the moment, but then, it's a nice summer right now.
I should also make some proper tags for the opto-endstops with better fastening. The cardboard ones I made got all broken by me fiddling around with other stuff. Not good enough.
Saturday, 4 August 2012
Z offset Tuesday morning: 1.0. Air pressure 1017hPa. Humidity 26% Z offset Tuesday evening: 1.1. Air pressure 1016 hPa. Humidity 30%. Mov...
Since my printer is currently in a good shape and simply printing useful things (and some less useful), I've thrown myself at another pr...
As I've been printing this and that, my Z offset has gradually increased to over 2mm. I have two remaining hypotheses for what causes th...