Monday, 8 July 2013
Fiddling with GCode
Repeatably, I see the temp sensor and extruder motor working with hand-crafted Arduino code but not with Teacup firmware through the ReplicatorG manual control panel. To fix this, I took the GCode in the ReplicatorG model I'd created long ago and trimmed it down to just heating and reporting temperature. When I tried to run it, I got a number of safety check warnings. First: Recreate GCode with the new firmware - the GCode was created for other firmware setup. Didn't change much. Found out how to cut ReplicatorG out of the equation: By running the firmware in the Arduino app, opening the serial monitor, setting baud to 115200 and line ending to newline, I can run commands directly to the GCode interpreter. And, indeed, it just returns 0.0 for temperature. Maybe there's a problem with the thermistor table.
Since my printer is currently in a good shape and simply printing useful things (and some less useful), I've thrown myself at another pr...
As I've been printing this and that, my Z offset has gradually increased to over 2mm. I have two remaining hypotheses for what causes th...
OctoPrint is still being weird. It thinks the print time left is either 2 hours or 6 hours, depending on when I look at it, out of a total p...