Monday 8 July 2013

Fiddling with GCode

Repeatably, I see the temp sensor and extruder motor working with hand-crafted Arduino code but not with Teacup firmware through the ReplicatorG manual control panel. To fix this, I took the GCode in the ReplicatorG model I'd created long ago and trimmed it down to just heating and reporting temperature. When I tried to run it, I got a number of safety check warnings. First: Recreate GCode with the new firmware - the GCode was created for other firmware setup. Didn't change much. Found out how to cut ReplicatorG out of the equation: By running the firmware in the Arduino app, opening the serial monitor, setting baud to 115200 and line ending to newline, I can run commands directly to the GCode interpreter. And, indeed, it just returns 0.0 for temperature. Maybe there's a problem with the thermistor table.

No comments:

Post a Comment