Monday, 2 September 2013
Calibrating is hard. Let's do math.
Wanted to calibrate the speed of the motors, since the ReplicatorG setting had a much larger speed than we seemed to support. So I made a nice little state machine that first moved a bit away, then moved to the min endstop, then a larger bit away, then back and forth with increasing speed. I tested it during development with the X stage, improving it over a couple iterations until I noticed I was reading from the wrong endstop. Fixing that, everything stopped moving. No response whatsover from any of the motors regardless of program. I still hear back from the Arduino, but no reaction otherwise. Odd, but time to go now.
Since my printer is currently in a good shape and simply printing useful things (and some less useful), I've thrown myself at another pr...
As I've been printing this and that, my Z offset has gradually increased to over 2mm. I have two remaining hypotheses for what causes th...
The new bed takes forever to warm up. Even after about 8 minutes it was not too warm to touch. Using hairspray on this did not lead to adhes...