With some help from a Norwegian friend, I have made significant progress.
I have the rails for the X frame bolted onto the end pieces.
I have the X stage acrylics mounted with nut and sliders (though I need to wrap some teflon around the sliders).
I have tested and fixed a soldering issue on one of the stepper drivers, it now works for all I can tell.
I have gotten an Ethernet cable that can actually communicate with the opto endstops.
I have tested the opto endstops, and found that they work... on and off. And not in the manner I expected.
I still need some way to connect the threaded rod to the motor, I figure duct tape will do for testing purposes. I am also out of solder.
Since my printer is currently in a good shape and simply printing useful things (and some less useful), I've thrown myself at another pr...
As I've been printing this and that, my Z offset has gradually increased to over 2mm. I have two remaining hypotheses for what causes th...
The new bed takes forever to warm up. Even after about 8 minutes it was not too warm to touch. Using hairspray on this did not lead to adhes...