Sunday 30 December 2018

A Bullet Journaling template

Bullet Journaling! It's a thing! And it's a thing that Mickey and I have both had much success with (see my first post on the subject as well as several more on that blog). Mickey has switched to a weekly layout that suits her needs better, using a template we had lying around. This template unfortunately is long enough that it doesn't fit in the journal itself. So of course I took it upon myself to print a new one, also because it's a very simple thing to design. By making a module that does a generic "arrow" that can optionally have one outwards tip and one inwards tip, it was trivial to make this design:


A first print turned out to need enlargement because small features aren't that precise. More interestingly, the top layer was nice and flat in the large areas, but was over-extruded in the little parts between holes.

Between the parallel slats the edge is fine but the in-between is over-extruded due to going back and forth very quickly
I reduced the infill (at 50% from an earlier experiment) as well as the infill/perimeter overlap, but I suspect this is one of those things that requires changes to Slic3r, to adjust for very short back-and-forth lines.

For a second print, I also lowered the Z-offset a bit to avoid elephant foot that was closing up the slats. That was, of course, the wrong thing to do - it doesn't lower the plate, but the hotend, so I got even more elephant foot. Stomp!

The third print came out better, though still has some of the openings that should match a line distance not quite do so. Also, there's a huge blob in one of the slats. Anyway, it's just mere tweakings from now. The extra extrusion in the narrow parts is still there, but I'll just live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment