Work has started on my Mendel 90. I have the printed parts and the sheets, plus whatever I can scrounge up of screws, electronics and bits and pieces.
I've decided to make it not just functional but also pretty, so I'm painting the printed pieces bronze and the sheets copper. I would get copper rods instead of iron, except that I don't know if there is a difference in materials quality.
There are a few differences in overall build between the "sturdy" version that I'm building and the "dibond" version that's described in the manual. First difference I notice is that the square tubes under the base are not present in "sturdy", presumably because it's sturdy enough as it is.
Here are all the pieces I got from nophead, the first few already bronzed:
Since my printer is currently in a good shape and simply printing useful things (and some less useful), I've thrown myself at another pr...
As I've been printing this and that, my Z offset has gradually increased to over 2mm. I have two remaining hypotheses for what causes th...
The new bed takes forever to warm up. Even after about 8 minutes it was not too warm to touch. Using hairspray on this did not lead to adhes...