Friday 21 November 2014

Starting on Mendel90

Work has started on my Mendel 90. I have the printed parts and the sheets, plus whatever I can scrounge up of screws, electronics and bits and pieces.

I've decided to make it not just functional but also pretty, so I'm painting the printed pieces bronze and the sheets copper. I would get copper rods instead of iron, except that I don't know if there is a difference in materials quality.

There are a few differences in overall build between the "sturdy" version that I'm building and the "dibond" version that's described in the manual. First difference I notice is that the square tubes under the base are not present in "sturdy", presumably because it's sturdy enough as it is.

Here are all the pieces I got from nophead, the first few already bronzed:


No comments:

Post a Comment